Lorton Data is looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our team. Successful candidates must have 2+ years of experience in the sale of data quality and/or mailing software solutions. If you are energetic and competitive with an entrepreneurial spirit and a successful track record in sales, we want to talk to you. As a Sales Executive, you’ll be responsible for driving sales of Lorton Data products and services within a defined territory. You will work with the CRO to ensure proper solution mapping to satisfy individual prospect and customer needs while insuring maximum revenue potential with each opportunity. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care. This role is a quota-carrying sales position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team. Lorton Data is an innovative provider of data management services and products that increase the effectiveness and reduce the cost of direct marketing, fund-raising, and customer communication efforts. Lorton Data serves businesses and organizations of all types including direct marketing firms, letter shops, printers, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and educational institutions. Customers choose Lorton Data for our commitment to service excellence, flexibility, and our focus on quality.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package including:
- Unlimited earning potential with a base salary plus commissions
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- Health and dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- SIMPLE retirement plan
- Pretax plan for medical/dental insurance premiums
- Tuition reimbursement
Specific duties include:
- Focus on all Net New Sales and displacements and conversions of competing products.
- Acts as first point of contact for all sales related activities for net new customers.
- Drive Add-on and Services sales.
- Define a “territory plan” that ensures that Lorton Data establishes penetration and expansion into customers and prospects. Draw upon resources in marketing and product management to support this strategy development.
- Ensure proper personal knowledge of Lorton Data solutions and possess the capability to teach, tailor and take control of the sales situation in accounts.
- Ensure delivery of targeted personal quotas in support of Lorton Data’s business plan and budgetary commitments.
- Collaborate with executive management for pipeline maintenance and on-going review.
- Collaborate across teams to support cross selling of solutions within identified markets.
- Represent Lorton Data at industry events and participate in conjunction with marketing and executive resources.
- Stay abreast of developments in the industry and monitor competitor offerings.
- Responsible for prospecting in a defined territory.
- Responsible for scouting Partner opportunities.
- 2+ years of experience in sales of relevant data quality and/or mailing software solutions with proven record of success.
- Proven ability to manage complex solution selling processes.
- Ability to clearly articulate knowledge of Lorton Data solutions and services, and confidently up-sell add-on solutions with customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- A Bachelor’s or MBA degree preferred.
- Preferred location: Upper Midwest.
To apply: Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.