Sending a file for automated processing.
With this feature, your job will start processing as soon as the file is received. Automation is available for Lorton Data’s ZIP + 4®, NCOALink®, DSF2®, Duplicate Elimination and Presort processing. The major benefit is the ability to process files 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Below are the requirements to use this feature.
- A valid payment method must be on file.
- A minimum of 100 unique records is required for NCOALink processing.
- For NCOALink, a valid Processing Acknowledgement Form must be selected. For DSF2, a valid DSF2 Agreement must be selected.
- The number of records we receive must match the quantity specified, or fall within the tolerance level selected.
- Submit only one file per job. That file may be zipped without a password or unzipped. For Excel, only one worksheet may contain data.
- File names must contain only letters and/or numbers, no spaces or special characters.
- When requesting Presort along with the services below, choose the Output layout indicated.
- NCOALink – Layout C
- ZIP + 4 – Clone
- DSF2 – Layout C (requires expert assistance)
- File must contain fewer than 2,000,000 records.
- Address fields may not exceed 60 bytes.
- Output file may not exceed 128 fields. Number of fields added by popular processes:
- NCOALink Layout C – 27 fields
- NCOALink Layout 800 – 74 fields
- NCOALink Layout 500 – 43 fields
- DSF2 Layout C – 32 fields
- Presort – 20 fields
File Type Requirements
File must be saved in one of the following formats:
- DBase III
- Comma delimited
- Tab delimited
- Pipe delimited
- Excel – Versions supported: Excel 97 to Excel 2010
Field Requirements File must contain the fields below (shown underlined), named as listed. Any additional data sent will be passed through and returned on the output file. Address fields must be no longer than 60 bytes.
- Name and/or Company
Name can be sent as one field (ex. Jane Smith) Or Parsed name: Prefix – optional Fname (first name) Mi (middle initial) – optional Lname (last name) Suffix – optional
- Address (primary address)
- Address2 (secondary address) – optional
- ZIP (with or without ZIP + 4)
Additional Field Requirements for Presort
- ZIP (10 or 9 digits) or ZIP (5 digits) and ZIP4 (4 digits)
- Dlvpnt – Delivery point
- Crrt – Carrier route number for USPS Marketing Mail® carrier route and walk sequence mailings
- LOT or LOTno – Line-of-travel number for USPS Marketing Mail carrier route mailings
- LOT_order (LOT_order) or LOTord – Line-of-travel ascending or descending for USPS Marketing Mail carrier route mailings
- Dsf2wlkseq – Walk sequence number for USPS Marketing Mail walk sequence mailings
Additional Requirements for Printer File
- If the file has been processed through address standardization or NCOALink®, the layout must not include the original input. Layouts such as NCOALink Output C or ZIP + 4® Output C can be run automated; layouts such as Output 500 or Output 800 will not run automated.
- Jobs that do not include presort must have been run through Lorton Data’s ‘Presort’ and have all fields generated during presort processing
- When other automated services are selected ‘Printer File’ must be accompanied by ‘Presort’ or be the only option selected
- All records must be for the states and territories served by the USPS®
- All printed lines for ‘Envelopes/Postcards’ and ‘Labels’ must have 45 or fewer characters
- ‘Professional title’ when requested, must be named Ptitle
- ‘Tertiary address’ when requested, must be named Address3
Call us at to learn more.